- Job Level:
$70,000 - $80,000
Production Engineer needed for a direct hire role in Valhalla, NY. This position is in the chemicals industry and will require he/she have a BS/BE in Mechanical or Process Engineering with two or more years of relevant experience. The Production Engineer will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including acting as the subject matter expert for the operation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment in the production facility.
Our client is a global company focused on the development, manufacturing, and distribution of commercial and household cleaning products and detergents. The Production Engineer will oversee a team of 2 Mechanics and report to the Operations Manager.
- Act as the subject matter expert for operation, repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment in the production facility.
- Informational expert on all packaging lines, tablet presses, and blenders in order to understand gaps and to allow for troubleshooting.
- Oversee and manage team of 2 Mechanics/Engineers; allocate/prioritize engineering staff time, identify training opportunities, etc.
- Ensure that daily, monthly, and quarterly equipment maintenance logs are maintained and executed for all equipment.
- Create new protocols when needed and revise and review existing as necessary.
- Interact closely with the Operations Managers for Manufacturing and Packaging Departments to build start-up guides and operator training modules.
- Schedule and supervise preventive maintenance activities.
- Determine required parts and new pieces of equipment; source and design implementation strategies and procedures as new equipment is needed.
- Identify and implement changes that lead to noticeable dollar or time savings either through component waste reduction, equipment parts longevity, or other areas.
- Identify and address mechanical root causes of defective products and equipment downtime.
- Establish and develop relationships with equipment and parts suppliers.
- Manage spare part inventories and maintenance tools.
- BS/BE Mechanical or Process Engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel with proficient in data entry, tracking and reporting.
- Prior managerial experience or demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Good interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English; Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments within the company.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and basic leadership skills to lead, guide and direct others.