- Job Level:
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Assistant for an assignment in Whippany, NJ. This position is in the Medical Devices industry and has the option to go full-time. As the Manufacturing Assistant, you will be responsible for processing equipment in accordance with operating regulations and procedures; assuring proper care of Customer Product.
Our client is a leading provider of infection prevention with a focus on the healthcare sector and a mission to provide safety for individuals across the globe.
- Processes Customer product utilizing one or more processing modalities.
- Processing equipment in accordance with operating regulations and procedures; assuring proper care of Customer product.
- Places and retrieves sterile, test or biological sampling devices to monitor appropriate processing levels.
- Reviews product and process documents and instructions, i.e., customer-provided special instructions or work instructions, and ensures accurate processing.
- May assist in the direction, training, and support of Material Handler activities.
- Protects Customer product by assuring proper processing and handling according to operating procedures; monitors process cycles and control systems to ensure operation within Customer, quality, regulatory and internal company specifications; reviews and completes all appropriate processing documentation.
- Operates processing vessels, irradiators and/or electron beam equipment.
- Minimizes downtime by monitoring processing operation and associated equipment as scheduled; conducts minor equipment repairs and refer major repairs to shift supervision or maintenance personnel.
- Makes scheduling adjustments as required.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by monitoring environmental control systems and inspecting equipment for unsafe conditions and reporting to supervision as required; generates maintenance work orders for repairs; responds to process and equipment alarm conditions and acting within operational and safety guidelines; conducts area housekeeping on a daily basis.
- Maintains flow of product by loading/unloading product into processing rooms and/or vessels; may load product onto pallets; stages processed product in shipping storage area.
- Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge, and abilities by assigned training.
Experience & Skills Required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully pass company operator training program.
- Must be certified to operate manual and motorized material handling equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, pallet jacks, elevators, conveyors, etc. and processing vessels or irradiators.