Medical Office Assistant
Long Term Contract
- Job Level:
$17.00 - $20.00/hr
Medical Office Assistant needed for a long-term assignment in the healthcare industry. This position is in Stamford, CT and the client needs a Medical Office Assistant with front desk experience in order to provide support to the Practice Manager, as well as assist in the day-to-day operations of the practice. He/She will assist the Practice Manager in adherence of all policies, regulations, goals, and initiatives.
- Assist the Practice Manager in managing the daily operations of the practice locations.
- Prepares various documents and handles confidential matters in accordance with rules, policies and procedures.
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls and inquiries.
- Routes and/or resolves call appropriately.
- Ensures the office space, supplies and equipment are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care.
- Assists in the investigation of Accounts Receivable accounts and interactions with our billing company.
- Reconciles monthly third-party vendor billing with appointment schedules for accuracy.
- Identifies discrepancies and facilitates the correction.
- Assist in resolving third-party vendor, physician, and patient billing related matters.
- Ensures mail is opened and processed, and offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
- Provides support to the front desk clerks, file clerks, schedulers and referrals as needed.
- This position is the primary back up for administrative and clerical staff.
- Runs errands as necessary at the request of the Practice Manager and/or Medical Site Directors.
- Associates Degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years of medical office experience as a medical assistant or front desk clerk.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Broad-based experience successfully working with physicians and individuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and EMR.