IEP Curriculum Coordinator
- Job Level:
$60,000 - $63,000
IEP Curriculum Coordinator needed for a direct hire in the Bronx, NY. Under the direction of the Site Director, the IEP Curriculum Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the director with the day to day operations of the center.
Our client is a growing organization dedicated to being an innovator in the healthcare space, with a focus on overcoming challenges faced by those with disabilities. At this company, you will be able to gain experience in a compassionate environment, while also having a meaningful impact on the lives of those within the facility.
- In conjunction with the director, ensure that the center is in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- In conjunction with the Director, observe and provide feedback to classroom staff.
- In conjunction with the Director, plan and implement in-service training for staff.
- Work with the Director to develop and maintain a high-quality educational program which complies with Early Childhood best practices, IEP mandates, and all other requirements.
- Remain knowledgeable of current trends in the field of early childhood education and early childhood special education, as well as regulation updates.
- Appraise and recommend curricular/instructional materials and equipment.
- Provide for opportunities for family involvement in the center.
- Work with the Director to ensure that the safety and health of the children and facility are regularly monitored and maintained.
- Attend/organize regular staff/team meetings.
- Participate in case conferences and IEP reviews as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience & Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of early childhood best .practices and preschool special education requirements.
- Knowledge of NYS - Part 200 Regulations
- Knowledge of NYC - Dept of Health - Article 47.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- New York State Teacher Certification: Special Education (Children with Disabilities) AND Birth – 2nd grade.