New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$13.00 - $15.00/hr.
Research Assistant needed for a temporary assignment, with the option to hire. This position is in the biotechnology industry and will ask he/she to be responsible for mastering routine and complex analysis of research and clinical samples using next-generation sequencing and microarray methods. As the Research Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work in a growing, fast-paced service laboratory providing clinical and research analysis to the biotech, academic, and clinical communities.
- Track and prepare clinical and research samples for analysis.
- Utilize routine and complex testing methods for next-generation sequencing and microarray analyses and maintain all necessary documentation.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, track inventory and maintain daily record keeping.
- Review data, report deviation, ensure proper documentation of results.
- Prepare scientific reports.
- Interacts with internal and external customers as needed, Researchers, Research Assistants, and Graduate Students.
- Attend department meetings, discuss and evaluate results and work-flows to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the laboratory.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Life Sciences with relevant hands on laboratory experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- High energy individual able to effectively multi-task, set priorities, and strive in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to quickly grasp concepts and instructions.
- Individual will possess attention to detail, requiring little revision to work produced.