Accountant / CPA
- Job Level:
$35.00 - $40.00/hr.
Accountant/CPA needed for a temporary assignment in Purchase, NY. As the Accountant/CPA you will be assisting the AVP, Senior Accounting Manager in reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis across the various endurance entities.
Our client, a leader in the Reinsurance Industry, prides themselves on quality service and long-lasting success with their clients.
- Review and approve journal entries for all designated entities.
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations for all designated entities.
- Manage the daily activity status of the monthly/quarterly close task listing.
- Review or assist with the analysis of balance sheet account balances by legal entity on a monthly basis.
- Review or assist with the analysis of General & Administrative expenses by legal entity on a monthly basis, which includes providing variance analysis.
- Review or assist with the analysis realized and unrealized foreign exchange and perform revaluation on various balance sheet account.
- Prepare or review supporting schedules and generate trial balances for other Finance departments including Head Office supplemental reporting.
- Assist in the global intercompany reconciliation process on a monthly basis.
- Interact with the Accounts Payable, Business Services, Financial Planning & Analysis, Technical Accounting and Treasury departments on a daily basis.
- Manage the US Survey Reporting process (Bureau of Economic Analysis and Department of Commerce).
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Actively participate in continuous process improvements within the Global Financial Accounting Team and the broader Finance organization.
- Assist management with AD Hoc Projects.
Experience & Skills Required
- CPA required with 4 -5 years of experience in general accounting or public accounting.
- Self-motivated and able to work cohesively with management and team members locally.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting system, such as SAP is required.
- Detail oriented and strong problem solver with solid analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated a positive attitude and ability to work well within a Global Team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Position requires interaction with numerous employees on all platforms of business.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot-tables, v-lookups and macros experience preferred but not essential.
- Insurance/Reinsurance knowledge preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Additional working hours are required at peak periods.
- Energetic and a team player.