- Job Level:
$80,000 - $125,000
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer for a direct hire in Melville, NY. This is in the hospital industry and will require applicant have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Business Administration. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing, deploying, upgrading, and optimizing the performance of servers and related systems in assigned technology. He/She will participate in performance improvement initiatives including documenting resolution issues, providing data on team performance metrics, and mentoring and educating lower level staff members.
Our client is a growing healthcare network with over a dozen hospitals under its belt. Specializing in some specific areas such as cancer treatment, women's health, and cardiovascular services, our client presents a great opportunity for all those employed.
- Responsible for backend infrastructure design, configuration, and maintenance (SEG's 2007 & O365, AW Cloud Connector, AW Tunnels).
- Responsible for console configuration and management .
- Designs, deploys, maintains and monitors the infrastructure environment in assigned technology specialty and works within established project timelines.
- Installs, configures, and supports hardware and software required to operate assigned technologies.
- Provides on-going maintenance including updates, patches, and anti-virus updates.
- Provides second and third level operational support for issues escalated from the Service Desk.
- Performs Availability/ Capacity/ Performance analysis as assigned.
- Conducts performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues while maintaining Enterprise Service levels.
- Develops and maintains documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance and disaster recovery planning.
- Participates in change management and performance improvement programs for assigned technologies, as needed, including mentoring and educating lower level staff, as assigned.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business Administration, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years systems engineering support and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years systems engineering support and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required.
- MCSE or CISCO certification, highly preferred