- Job Level:
We are currently looking for a Plant Manager to come on board our team in Leonia, NJ full-time. The Plant Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and monitoring plant operations for safety, quality, and efficient performance. Requires close communication and coordination with Human Resources, Quality Assurance, and Warehousing. Drives Continuous Improvement by providing training, tools, data, and CI leadership to the Operations team. Work very closely with other Operations Support departments on all forms of continuous improvement projects aimed directly at improving line efficiencies, reducing waste and generally lowering cost of production.
- Develop team’s ability to solve their own day-to-day operational issues utilizing continuous improvement methods.
- Perform as a proactive, “change agent” leader in the facility, providing support and direction to members of the team.
- Lead, motivate, and train employees to achieve production results, improve individual skills, and enhance teamwork.
- Responsible for ensuring safety in the plant.
- Acts as a Safety Coordinator; maintaining a safe work environment by implementing safety policy and procedures and enforce OSHA and Company safety rules.
- Facilitates Safety Committee meeting.
- Ensure a safe work environment by ensuring safe work behaviors and safe work conditions, and corrects any deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Monitors building security.
- Maintains good housekeeping through the use of 5-S.
- Ensure full compliance with GMP’s, VFM, housekeeping, and floor organization.
- Provide training to employees as needed e.g., Safety, SOP’s and user manuals.
- Develops and implements new methods, procedures, and systems to improve people performance and overall quality of work life and morale.
- Lead quality/continuous improvement initiatives in support of Operations.
- Take leadership role training and implementing Continuous Improvement efforts within the team.
- Implement quality tools such as SPC, “Best Practices”, and SOP’s.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or a related Business field.
Experience & Skills Required
- 10 year's progressive manufacturing experience with strong leadership qualities, proven history of delivering sustainable results.
- Must have food manufacturing experience.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Food Plant GMP’s, SOP’s.
- Demonstrated success in LEAN / Six Sigma/5s.
- Knowledge of SPC implementation.
- Must have effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills.
- SQF Practitioner Certified Preferred.