Environmental Health and Safety Specialist needed for a direct hire in Henderson, Kentucky. This position is in the chemicals industry. He/She who is applying to the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist position needs to have a Bachelor's Degree in Science and five to ten years experience in a similar role.
Our client is full of enthusiastic individuals working towards the common goal of success in this company. A leading facility in the industry, they have several locations and are looking for someone who can bring their best to the table and grow with the team.
- Plans, implements and manages environmental health, safety and security programs at the Kentucky facilities to ensure regulatory compliance, a healthy and accident-free work environment for our employees, contractors and visitors, by performing the following duties personally or through other team members.
- Plans, implements and manages environmental, health, safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulation.
- Writes and improves policies, standards, and work instructions.
- Plans and implements programs to train team leaders and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, micro powders, equipment, and other materials.
- Manages the radiological monitoring program for electron-beam accelerators.
- Conducts routine site-wide safety meetings and inspections both personally and through other team members.
- Leads investigation of safety and regulatory incidents using team approach and formal investigation techniques.
- Establishes and manages action item tracking related to these investigations.
- Establishes and manages the use and publication of KPI’s to drive awareness and improvements.
- Maintains safety, environmental, and training files and records.
- Acts as the Site Safety Officer and is the liaison between the Company and the Environmental, Safety, Security and Health-related regulatory agencies.
- Ensures new regulatory requirements and industry best-practices are routinely reviewed for applicability.
- Develops EHS&S related capital and expense budgets in cooperation with site leadership.
Experience & Skills Required
- Five to ten years’ experience in a safety specialist leadership role.
- Formal training in Root Cause Analysis, Process Hazard Analysis, Job Safety Audits, and Ergonomic Studies.
- Able to provide examples of successes in implementing and or improving safety systems, overcoming obstacles and working in a cooperative manner with others.