New York, NY
- Job Level:
$40.00 - $44.00/hr.
Accountant needed for a temporary assignment in New York, NY. The Accountant will assist in the preparation of the company's financial statements and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prepare, review, analyze and communicate financial, accounting and statistical information.
- Perform monthly closing procedures and balance sheet accounts, as assigned. This includes performing and/or reviewing account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Review assigned areas of responsibility for continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating and implementing internal controls over areas of responsibility.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and special assignments, as needed.
- Investigate and research accounting questions related to internal and external reporting issues to ensure that financial activity is recorded in a manner consistent with the Company’s policies and procedures and GAAP
- Assist in training others as needed in the Finance Group Completion/management of census reports on a routine basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Prior Public Accounting experience required, prefer Big 4 or mid-tier.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Great Plains or other G/L system a plus.
- Experience in the media industry is a plus but not a necessity.
- Detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Be proactive and self-motivator with the ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a desire to learn and be challenged.