Quality Engineer needed for a direct hire in White Plains, NY in the cosmetics industry. The Quality Engineer will report to the Senior Director of Quality, and will years at least three years of Quality assurance experience to be considered.
Our client is a leader in the cosmetics industry. Focusing on their product and how to always improve their formula, they look to strive to help people feel better about themselves while using their product.
- Manage Corporate quality documentation systems (Master Control) across the company, develop longer-term documentation strategy, lead harmonization of documentation, and provide technical interface between Quality, Master Control Corporation, and IT.
- Provide technical expertise in quality systems which can be used to improve product quality, reduce Quality losses, and reduce defects within a manufacturing, storage, and distribution operation.
- Manage Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) and Supplier Quality systems and audits.
- Lead training of Corporate associates on Master Control, CGMP requirements for OTC and Medical Devices, and Quality Assurance Systems Corporate Manager and System Administrator for Master Control Quality Management Systems.
- Provide hands-on support for MC users at the corporate office and back-up to plant-based system administrators.
- Lead harmonization of MC approach across the company.
- Expand utilization of MC to incorporate CMO’s and Suppliers tracking Single point of Contact to Master Control Corporation for contracted services, support, training and system upgrades.
- Lead interface with IT on system requirements Lead version upgrade process and required validations.
- Lead CMO and Supplier quality program, audit process, and quality improvement glide path.
- Lead process optimization to improve product quality and reduce cost - ultimately translating to lower rates of defects, consumer complaints, and cost (TDC).
- Collaborate with R&I, Operations, Package Development, Purchasing, and other functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Leads investigations to understand root cause of quality failures and ensure corrective measures are documented and effectively implemented.
- Corporate Quality Auditor – audits of Plants, CMO’s, and Suppliers as needed. Lead audits, provide improvement directions, and support corrective action planning.
- Support FDA and ISO audits at White Plains Office Provide hands on support for audit readiness at manufacturing facilities Develop and deploy training systems at White Plains Corporate office to ensure compliance with OTC and Medical Device standards.
Experience & Skills Required
- Demonstrated expertise in Master Control Quality Systems Software as a Systems Manager or Systems Administrator in a OTC and MD field.
- Deep understanding of Quality systems for OTC, MD, and Cosmetics products, their development, documentation, and implementation.
- Expertise in supplier and contract manufacturer quality systems improvement.
- .Must have 3-5 Years Quality Assurance experience.