We are currently looking for an Underwriter to join a dedicated team of professionals in White Plains, NY. This role does require a Bachelor Degree and three years of commericial underwriting experience.
Our client promotes a strong work ethic and looks for talented individuals to join their team. Under our client's employment, he/she will be able to be a part of a company that strives to be the best in their field.
- Underwriting commercial loans including LOC’s, mortgages-both owner occupied and commercial real estate, term loans and leases.
- Evaluate consumer/dealer loans and recommend approval or decline.
- Assist commercial lenders with underwriting LOC renewals, as needed.
- Analyze/Spread business and personal financial statements and tax returns
- Process requests for advances and account transfers, when necessary.
- Effectively communicate with appraisers to order appraisal reports and track appraisals ordered.
- Preparing term sheets and commitment letters as needed.
- Attending loan committee on a regular basis as a non-voting member and taking the minutes of the meeting.
- Assisting the CLO in the loan origination process by prescreening and evaluating loan packages.
- Attend customer meetings with the lenders (as requested).
- Attend loan closings as required.
- Communicate with outside parties, such as attorneys and accountants, when necessary.
- Ordering credit reports, Flood Certifications, EDR reports, and more detailed Phase 1 Environmental reports, when necessary (as backup).
- Provide support for the Loan Operations Department as emergency backup, when necessary.