- Job Level:
$55,000.00 - $60,000.00 plus Bonus
Tax Accountant needed for a direct hire in Purchase, NY. The Tax Accountant Associate will provide analysis, tax planning and recommendations for routine transactions. The incumbent will have broad exposure to many facets of direct and indirect taxation. This position reports to the Vice President, US Regulatory and Global Tax Compliance, CPA.
Our client, a leader in the Reinsurance Industry, prides themselves on quality service and long-lasting success with their clients.
- Preparation of sales and use tax returns, property taxes returns, rent and occupancy taxes returns, municipal and regulatory tax returns, and premium tax returns.
- Prepares current and deferred taxes, deferred tax assets and liabilities, tax journal entries for GAAP and Statutory financial reporting.
- Provide analysis and recommendations that take tax, business, and accounting issues into consideration and provides information needed to make sound decisions.
- Assists in the generation and implementation of corporate federal and state income tax strategies.
- Assists management with other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting; would include at least three credits in taxation (24 credits in accounting and tax preferred)
Experience & Skills Required
- 1-3 years’ experience in either public or private accounting.
- Insurance taxation experience a plus.
- Experience with corporate income tax provision accounting.
- Experience with federal and state corporate income tax compliance.
- Familiarity with OneSource corporate income tax software a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Takes a team approach when working with co-workers.