East Rutherford, NJ
- Job Level:
The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for ongoing set-up, installations, maintenance, troubleshooting and enhancements to the hardware, software, and network systems of the construction project. Document problems and conversations to create a log that can be referenced by other technicians and for training purposes. Working within a company, individual must be a great communicator and be able to translate their technical knowledge into actionable direction. Know how to research the problem and come up with a solution.
Our client is a large manufacturing company that is currently looking for people to help construct it to be the epitome of their pristine vision.
- Setting up new workstations and point-of-sale (POS) hardware and ensuring all programs, software, printer connections, and apps are ready to use and working for the end user.
- Performing ongoing installations, repairs, and upgrades to the hardware and related equipment in various locations and environments.
- Troubleshooting of issues and resolving complex hardware and infrastructure problems through the utilization of technical education-related experiences.
- Maintaining and administering the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment such as Androids, iPhones, Tablets, and iPads.
- Responding to emergency requests and utilizing a high level of problem-solving skills to ensure all hardware and network issues are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining required documentation and tracking systems.
- Providing technical expertise and research to the development and customization of new and existing hardware and software advancements and networking upgrades for the organization.
- Setting up AV (Audio/Visual) Equipment for all meetings and performing routine maintenance as needed.
- Maintaining and responding to problems that occur with all printers/copiers as well as ordering supplies and any replacement parts as needed.
- Performing off-site local area company related computer installations, troubleshooting and support and service calls.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related hardware and network-based experience in the private/commercial sector supporting medium to large sized businesses.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office as a user as well MAC operating systems.
- Candidates should have CompTIA A+ Certification and completion of a degree or diploma in Network Engineering Technology, Network Administration, Computer Science, or in a related field is a definite asset.
- Must be experienced in various forms of hardware installations, diagnostics and network troubleshooting with certifications from software vendors as an asset.
- Previous experience in an organization with multiple objectives, new initiatives, and cross-industry priorities and candidates must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and abilities.