New York, NY
- Job Level:
$90,000 - $110,000
Our client is currently seeking a Compliance Manager (Banking Industry) to join their team in New York City.
U.S. laws and regulations:
- Monitor compliance with the U.S.A. Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering (“BSA/AML”) Regulations.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues through compliance seminars, conferences, compliance committees, external training and publications.
- Draft, update and maintain current the TSU Desk Procedures, guidelines and protocols that ensure the quality and efficiency of the alert investigation process is in compliance with regulatory requirements, expectations and industry best practice.
- Conduct 1st or 2nd level investigation reviews on alert and/or cases generated by the Bank’s Automated Transaction Surveillance System (Actimize SAM) with a comprehensive analysis and supporting documentation.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on alert investigation to include but not limited to internet searches and World-check scans for adverse news.
- Responsible for understanding the functionalities, settings and effectiveness of the automated transaction surveillance system.
- Raise or escalate all serious compliance issues to the Bank’s BSA Compliance Officer.
- Work closely with IT Department and vendors on implementation/migration, enhancement, model validation and/or development of new or existing system or new scenarios on the existing system.
- Ensure open items from audit reports, external vendors or external regulators relating to the TSU (Transaction Surveillance Unit) are addressed and closed appropriately.
- Manage Analyst(s) to ensure the quality and timeliness of case clearing activities are up to standards following internal controls.
- Coordinate and/or conduct timely training on case management procedures for Analyst(s) to ensure case quality and consistency, especially with regard to case narrative are being followed and maintained.
- Prepare presentation for the Compliance Committee or meetings for the TSU area.
- Provide periodic Transaction Monitoring case management metrics.
- Liaise with the BSA Compliance Officer on SAR file investigation and reporting.
- Prepare SARs for cases deemed suspicious.
- Perform daily monitoring on reconciliation reports to ensure the source system is adequately interface with the automated transaction surveillance system.
- Assist as necessary in the review and update of the annual BSA/AML and OFAC Risk Assessments.
- Assist OFAC Compliance Officer in monitoring updates to the OFAC SDN & BPL (Blocked Persons List) list and conduct screening against the Bank’s customer records.
- Assist the Compliance Control Officer for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ad-hoc compliance project assistance as direct
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in transaction monitoring activity and BSA/AML regulations.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering related requirements including BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and other applicable U.S regulations.
- Excellent writing and inter-personal skills.
- Should be solution driven, confident, highly motivated and organized team player.
- Experience at a government agency, regulatory, compliance, or business capacity at a large bank a plus.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Applications/AML Solutions (Actimize, Surety).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) is preferred.