Cosmetics / Skin Care
- Job Level:
We are currently searching for a chemist to come on board our team in Ridgefield, NJ in the cosmetics industry.
Our client is a dedicated purveyor in the cosmetics industry. Specializing in creams and balms, they take the time to meticulously check that every product exceeds their standards. This company has a wide array of merchandise that they pride themselves on.
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative skin care products, line extensions, and product improvements.
- Strong color matching skills Able to supervise, mentor, teach, and lead junior chemists in color cosmetics formulation and color matching.
- Work at developing stability protocols for color products.
- Have a good understanding of the raw materials used in color cosmetics.
- Have an understanding of color regulations.
- Would have to work well with project managers/customers to develop the product forms and shade palettes they expect.
- Advise on lab equipment needs.
- Have good understanding of production equipment and their uses.
- Have the ability to work well in the production environment when necessary.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- BS in Chemistry or higher in a related field 5 to 10 years of formula development in make-up emulsions and other forms of color product formulations.