Our client is a dedicated purveyor in the cosmetics industry. Specializing in creams and balms, they take the time to meticulously check that every product exceeds their standards. This company has a wide array of merchandise that they pride themselves on.
- Oversee supervision of QC Inspectors in Manufacturing areas, Warehouse FG auditing, Special Sample handling, Review of In-process Batch Records and related documentation.
- Conduct non-conformance, product complaints, out-of-specification investigations and provide corrective and preventive actions with follow-ups.
- Train and supervise batch testing personnel, issues certificates of conformance (COC), certificates of manufacture (COM), and certificates of analysis (COA) to customers on bulk and work-in-progress (WIP).
- Maintain an accurate record of approved, quarantined, rejected products.
- Ensure compliance to all SOPs and other regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA, EPA, OSHA, ISO 13485:2003).
- Review release and compliance of bulk and intermediates where applicable, to customer requirements.
- Using approved Change Controls, starting material information, and bill of materials, generate and maintain new Batch/Fill Specs instructions for pre-weigh, blending, filling, and packaging activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of QC inspection requirements for components, raw materials, in-process/bulk and finished goods.
- Assist in the review and release of finished products, when applicable.
- Ensure that finished goods, bulk, raw materials, components are maintained correctly in the warehouse and other holding areas.
- Facilitate on-site customer inspections, coordinating availability of product and communication of disposition to Quality and Inventory Control.
- Interface with customer distribution operations where needed.
- Review of QC Inspection reports daily for correctness and completeness.
- Conduct non-conformance resolutions, complaint investigations, and associated corrective and preventative actions.
- Review of batch records, worksheets, and Inspection documentation for completeness and correctness.
- Maintain and updates ERP System, maintains repository of batch records/documents, and other Mfg & Assembly in-process Specifications.
- Assist in establishing production and assembly inspection information sheets and documentation as required Assist in interpreting and/or developing of customer specifications and requirements for approved formulas.
- Conduct periodic analysis of In-process Inspection program for pre-weigh and bulk manufacture and makes recommendations.
- Participate in In-process Quality in-house and outside training program.
- Ensure that review of in-process activities in both Manufacturing and Warehouse areas is conducted by QC inspectors for conformance to specifications; follow up on out-of-specifications including non-conformances.
Experience & Skills Required
- Five+ years industry or related experience in cosmetic or pharma industry.
- Computer literate and effective communication skills.
- Data analysis, specification development skills.
- Previous inspecting, auditing or manufacturing experience - a plus.