Materials Scientist needed for a direct hire position in New Haven, CT in the Specialty Chemical Manufacturing Industry. This is an Operations Leader role reporting to the Research Director, the successful candidate will play a critical role in the Cleanroom’s efforts to support research across a broad range of technical disciplines and interests. The successful candidate will be/become a subject matter expert in the day-to-day cleanroom operation, processing equipment, and characterization methods.
Our client is one of the most well-known research facilities in the country. With having been around for over a century, our client is an establishment. By working for our client, you will be a part of a booming industry that is constantly making strides towards the future in its field.
- Develop and implement Cleanroom processes complying with all safety standards; develop and implement state of the art research applications that enable fabrication by researchers in the Cleanroom; assist in managing research groups’ utilization of the clean room, perform initial user laboratory training and testing; perform maintenance and repair of Cleanroom equipment; develop relationships with internal contacts such as faculty, researchers, students, and technical support groups to consult on research projects and maintain efficient Cleanroom operations. Interface with vendors of cleanroom equipment and supplies.
- Day to day activities include photolithography, dry etching, deposition using CVD, PECVD, thermal, e-beam, sputter, and ALD, metrology/ measurement, materials handling, wet chemistry, and rapid thermal process. Work in this campus core facility addresses topics in a wide variety of fields. Examples: Applied Physics-quantum devices, nonlinear optics; EE-photonics, sensors, emitters, 2D materials; Medical-micro/nanofluidics, sensors; Chem/Environmental Eng.-nanomaterials, fluid mechanics; Mechanical Eng.-micro/nanoreplication; Biomed-micro/ nanofabrication; Materials-heterostructures.
- Develop and implement Cleanroom processes along with ensuring the facility complies with all health and safety standards.
- Develop, implement, and improve state of the art research applications that enable researchers to fabricate materials, devices, and processes on equipment in the Cleanroom.
- Assist Cleanroom users with research activities including project planning, troubleshooting problems and assisting with the development of unique processing capabilities.
- Assist in managing research groups’ utilization of the cleanroom to ensure the efficient flow of research projects.
- Assist with specifying and installing new equipment, when needed, and developing associated processes and procedures.
- Perform initial user laboratory training and testing, vetting potential users’ capability to utilize the clean room in a safe manner.
- Train users in proper operation of process equipment. Monitor and ensure lab safety compliance.
- Perform maintenance and repair of Cleanroom equipment, including high vacuum systems, plasma process systems, and thermal process systems.
- Assist in tracking billing charges for the Cleanroom. Assist in maintaining the lab management systems and monthly billing process. Maintain accurate cost accounting records.
- Develop relationships with internal contacts such as faculty, researchers, students, research staff, machine shops, administrators,
Experience & Skills Required
- Solid clean room knowledge, (Class 10,000 preferred).
- Lithography, micro fluid profiler preferred.